Monday, May 29, 2017

Yes, That One, Too!

 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
         I have often pondered and even written an article on this verse. I don’t mind telling you the article was a blessing to me; and if they’re to be believed, it was a blessing to other people, as well. But today, it said something to me it had not said before…for good reason, no doubt. The article I wrote was (it seemed to me) an exhortation from God that this day on which I was about to embark would be one of rejoicing depending on my will, not chance; and I could choose to be glad all day.  (“…we will rejoice and be glad in it.”)

         But of all the days, past and especially present, I needed to realize that this verse is not only referring to today but also to one in the future. One that might not bring words like “rejoice” and “glad” to mind readily. But as surely as the Lord made this day for me, did He not make the last one for me, as well?

         We only have to read Genesis, chapters one and two to know who the great “Day-Maker” is. He made my first day, and He’ll make my last one. O, and when I begin to ponder this great truth, words like “rejoice” and “glad” do indeed come to mind! And I begin to sing that happy little chorus:

This is the day, this is the day which the Lord hath made, which the LORD hath made;
We will rejoice, we will rejoice, and be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day which the LORD hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it;
This is the day; this is the day which the LORD hath made.

         I choose to sing it today; and, by God’s grace, I will sing it on that last day. Yes, that one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment